How To Apply For A Nigerian Passport In The UK In 2020 is a step by step process of how to get your Nigerian passport in the UK. This process also applies for other countries too.
1. Visit https://portal.immigration.gov.ng/passport/ and select your “Passport Type” and “Processing Country”
THINGS TO BEAR IN MIND AS YOU START THE APPLICATION
- APPLICANTS FIRST NAME AND LAST NAME MUST MATCH THE FIRST NAME AND LAST NAME ON THE CREDIT CARD USED FOR PAYMENT
- APPLICANTS WHO INTEND TO PAY FOR FAMILY MEMBERS SHOULD USE THE CART WHICH ALLOWS FOR PAYMENT FOR UP TO 5 APPLICATIONS AT THE SAME TIME – THE APPLICANT/CARD HOLDER AND 4 FAMILY MEMBERS).
- WHEN USING THE CART, THE LAST NAME OF ALL FAMILY MEMBERS MUST MATCH THE LAST NAME ON THE CREDIT CARD USED FOR PAYMENT.
NOTE: TO QUALIFY TO USE THE CART TO PAY FOR FAMILY, THE CARDHOLDER MUST ALSO BE AN APPLICANT IN THE CART.
- IF APPLICANTS FIRST NAME AND LAST NAME DOES NOT MATCH THE FIRST NAME AND LAST NAME ON THE CREDIT CARD USED FOR PAYMENT, THE CARD NEEDS TO REGISTERED (This is a very simple process so not to worry)
2. Once you click “START APPLICATION” You will be directed to the INNOVATE1 Services website. Here you choose to log-in via either Google, Open ID or Yahoo.
3. Once you choose how to login, you will be directed to fill out the application as below. The information to fill is more than what is shown on the screenshot below. Take your time to fill this form correctly.
4. Once you “SUBMIT APPLICATION” after filling this form, you should download a copy of the application. This will have your reference number and application ID. (You will need to take the application with you and 2 passport photographs to the embassy with you). Some embassies/high commission may take your photograph on the day rather than accept your 2 passport photographs. This was the case at the Nigerian High Commission in London, UK.
5. You will receive an email confirming the application from firstname.lastname@example.org. Note that your application is not eligible until you make payment in the next process.
6. The page will proceed to to PAYMENT – If the card name does not match the applicants name, you will need to go to the option “Manage Credit Card” on the innovate site. Select “Register Your Credit Card”
7. You will then see this screen prompt with instructions on the guidelines on how to register your credit card. Click “CONTINUE”
8. Here you fill in the details of your credit card and “SUBMIT”
9. You will receive an email within 48hrs with confirmation of your payment. The card will be saved in the system and you will be able to view approved cards as below (under the “View Approved Credit Card” tab)
10. Once your payment has been approved, make sure to print 2 copies of your receipt as this will also be required for entry into the embassy/high commission
11. The system should then automatically generate you a date to submit your application in person.
Please note that if your application is for a minor or an elderly applicant, you can disregard this date and visit the embassy whenever you are ready as minors and the elderly are given priority.
(Due to COVID 19 backlog, the system is not currently generating an automated date, you will need to wait for the embassy to assign you a date via email)
Below is some key information that may be useful in the application process:
- FOR ANY QUESTIONS AND/OR CONCERNS PLEASE CONTACT US AT: SUPPORT@INNOVATE1SERVICES.COM
- APPLICATION FEES PAID FOR PASSPORT ARE REFUNDABLE IN THE EVENT OF A DOUBLE PAYMENT MISTAKENLY MADE FOR THE SAME APPLICATION OR FRAUDULENT USE OF CREDIT/DEBIT CARD. TO SEEK A REFUND PLEASE CONTACT US AT: REFUND@INNOVATE1SERVICES.COM
- PAYMENTS ARE VALID FOR ONE (1) YEAR ONLY FROM THE PAYMENT DATE.
- ONLY ONLINE PAYMENT IS ACCEPTABLE.
- ANYONE WHO PAYS OTHERWISE AND RECEIVES SERVICE IS SUBJECT TO PROSECUTION AND REVOCATION OF PASSPORT.
- IF YOU HAVE ALREADY COMPLETED AN APPLICATION, PLEASE CHECK YOUR APPLICATION STATUS RATHER THAN COMPLETING A DUPLICATE APPLICATION.
- APPLICANTS NEED TO ENSURE CORRECT TELEPHONE NUMBERS AND EMAIL ADDRESSES ARE FILLED (FAILURE MAY RESULT IN DELAY OF PASSPORT PRODUCTION).
We hope you found the information on “How To Apply For A Nigerian Passport In The UK In 2020” useful.
Make sure to join the TravelToNaija community for exclusive travel information and deals